Tue, Jul 16|
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park
Game of Bones (1)
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Jul 16, 2019, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park, introduce the new and improved GAME OF BONES. Get paid to have fun with your dog!
• There are now 3 levels so that all dogs can enjoy the game.
• Primary Level - this level allows dogs who have no formal scent work training to test their natural ability to find food, just like they would in the wild. Treats will be hidden in boxes and it is your dog's job to find as many treats in the shortest amount of time as possible. No Level 1 or Level 2 dogs are allowed to participate in this search.
• Level 1 - this level is for dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below)
• Level 2 - this level is for dogs working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Winner of the primary division will get bragging rights as well as a small prize.
• Winner of each odor division (Level 1 / Level 2) will earn 50% of the pot and 2nd/3rd place will earn 25% of pot.
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• Number of hides may be known or unknown depending on the game.
• Competitors will be scored on total # of hides found or points earned in the fastest time.
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one a competitor gets full time. Eliminating on a hide will also result in full time.
• Level 1 dogs may enter the Level 2 search and be eligible for placements/money.
• Level 2 dogs may enter the Level 1 search FEO only – highest scoring FEO dog will get a prize (not eligible for money).
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run at the end of each level.
COST: Primary Level - $5 per run
Level 1 / Level 2 - $25 per run ($5 goes to pot)
$10 per run for additional dogs
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK IS DONATING 25% OF PROCEEDS TO THE WILLIAMSON COUNTY REGIONAL ANIMAL SHELTER
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.