Sat, Dec 07|
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park
Game of Bones
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2019, 9:40 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog! More games, more scent work and more fun brought to you by Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park.
IN DECEMBER WE ARE PLAYING GAME OF BONES TRIVIA!
- There will be 1 search area set up for each level. Both the Level 1 and Level 2 search will have a known number of hides.
- When a competitor finds a hide and calls a proper alert, a trivia question will be asked. Some examples include: “name a breed of dog that begins with the letter B” or “name a movie starring Matthew McConaughey” or “what colors are on a stop sign.”
- The competitor must stay at the hide and pay their dog until they can answer the question correctly (LOTS OF TREATS ARE REQUIRED!!!!). Once a correct answer is given, the competitor may move on to find another hide.
- Competitors may “pass” a question if they cannot answer it, but they will not earn the point for that hide. After a “pass,” the competitor can return to the hide, answer a different question correctly, and earn the missing point.
- Calling finish will stop the competitor’s time.
- The most hides found in the fastest time will win.
As always, Game of Bones features:
• 3 levels so that all dogs can enjoy the game.
• Primary Level - this level allows dogs who have no formal scent work training to test their natural ability to find food, just like they would in the wild. Treats will be hidden in boxes and it is your dog's job to find as many treats in the shortest amount of time as possible. No Level 1 or Level 2 dogs are allowed to participate in this search.
• Level 1 - this level is for dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below)
• Level 2 - this level is for dogs working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Winner of the primary division will get bragging rights as well as a small prize.
• Winner of each odor division (Level 1 / Level 2) will earn 50% of the pot and 2nd/3rd place will earn 25% of pot.
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one a competitor gets full time. Eliminating on a hide will also result in full time.
• Level 1 dogs may enter the Level 2 search and be eligible for placements/money.
• Level 2 dogs may enter the Level 1 search FEO only – highest scoring FEO dog will get a prize (not eligible for money).
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run at the end of each level.
COST: Primary Level - $5 per run
Level 1 / Level 2 - $25 per run ($5 goes to pot)
$10 per run for additional dogs
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK IS DONATING 25% OF PROCEEDS TO A ROTATING ANIMAL RESCUE GROUP including Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter and Texas Humane Heros.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at email@example.com.