Sat, Aug 03|
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park
Game of Bones Four Square - Point of No Return
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2019, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog! More games, more scent work and more fun brought to you by Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park.
In August we are doing our version of Four Square. Each search area will be divided into 4 squares and each square will contain 1-5 hides. Hides are given a certain point value based on their difficulty (i.e. high hides worth 10 points, close proximity hides worth 5 points, etc.). Competitors have a set amount of time to earn as many points as possible. You may start in any of the 4 squares in the search area to maximize your point-earning potential. Once you leave a square, however, you will not be allowed to return to it to find any more hides. For Level 1, the number and type of hides in each square will be known. A map listing the points available in each square along with the number and type of hides (i.e. high, paired, inaccessible, etc.) will be posted for competitors to review before searching. For Level 2, the number and type of hides in each square will be unknown. A map listing ONLY the points available in each square will be posted for competitors to review before searching. Highest number of points in the fastest time wins.
As always, Game of Bones features:
• 3 levels so that all dogs can enjoy the game.
• Primary Level - this level allows dogs who have no formal scent work training to test their natural ability to find food, just like they would in the wild. Treats will be hidden in boxes and it is your dog's job to find as many treats in the shortest amount of time as possible. No Level 1 or Level 2 dogs are allowed to participate in this search.
• Level 1 - this level is for dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below)
• Level 2 - this level is for dogs working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Winner of the primary division will get bragging rights as well as a small prize.
• Winner of each odor division (Level 1 / Level 2) will earn 50% of the pot and 2nd/3rd place will earn 25% of pot.
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one a competitor gets full time. Eliminating on a hide will also result in full time.
• Level 1 dogs may enter the Level 2 search and be eligible for placements/money.
• Level 2 dogs may enter the Level 1 search FEO only – highest scoring FEO dog will get a prize (not eligible for money).
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run at the end of each level.
COST: Primary Level - $5 per run
Level 1 / Level 2 - $25 per run ($5 goes to pot)
$10 per run for additional dogs
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK IS DONATING 25% OF PROCEEDS TO A ROTATING ANIMAL RESCUE GROUP including Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter and Texas Humane Heros.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at email@example.com.