Sat, Sep 21|
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park
Game of Bones - King of the Fourth
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Sep 21, 2019, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog! More games, more scent work and more fun brought to you by Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park.
In September we are playing KING OF THE FOURTH. The Level 1 and Level 2 search areas will each be divided into 4 “levels.” Each “level” has a limited number of identical items to search (i.e. 2 tool boxes, 3 chairs, 4 picnic tables, 5 buckets filled with water). Level 1 will start with 2 identical items and go up to 5 identical items. Level 2 will start with 3 identical items and go up to 6 identical items. Each "level" for Level 1 competitors will contain only 1 hide. Each "level" for Level 2 competitors will contain 0-2 hides (the number will be unknown to competitors - you will not be allowed to move up a level until you have found all hides). Competitors will have 45 seconds to find the hide(s) in the 1st level before proceeding to the 2nd level. Competitors will have 30 seconds in each subsequent level to find all hides before proceeding to the next level. If you reach the 4th level, you will need to call finish to stop your time. Each hide found is worth 1 point. Highest number of points in the fastest time wins.
As always, Game of Bones features:
• 3 levels so that all dogs can enjoy the game.
• Primary Level - this level allows dogs who have no formal scent work training to test their natural ability to find food, just like they would in the wild. Treats will be hidden in boxes and it is your dog's job to find as many treats in the shortest amount of time as possible. No Level 1 or Level 2 dogs are allowed to participate in this search.
• Level 1 - this level is for dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below)
• Level 2 - this level is for dogs working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Winner of the primary division will get bragging rights as well as a small prize.
• Winner of each odor division (Level 1 / Level 2) will earn 50% of the pot and 2nd/3rd place will earn 25% of pot.
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one a competitor gets full time. Eliminating on a hide will also result in full time.
• Level 1 dogs may enter the Level 2 search and be eligible for placements/money.
• Level 2 dogs may enter the Level 1 search FEO only – highest scoring FEO dog will get a prize (not eligible for money).
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run at the end of each level.
COST: Primary Level - $5 per run
Level 1 / Level 2 - $25 per run ($5 goes to pot)
$10 per run for additional dogs
ADDITIONAL OPTION THIS MONTH: $10 per run for teams wanting to know where the hides are. You won't be eligible for the cash, but you'll still have fun.
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK IS DONATING 25% OF PROCEEDS TO A ROTATING ANIMAL RESCUE GROUP including Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter and Texas Humane Heros.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.