Sat, Oct 19|
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park
Game of Bones - Left, Right, Center
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Oct 19, 2019, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog! More games, more scent work and more fun brought to you by Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park.
In October, we will be playing the game "LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER" with a scent work twist to it. There will be 3 search areas set up – one to the left, one to the right, and one to the center of the competitor parking area. Like the game, competitors will roll the dice to determine which area they will search. If you roll a “left” you will search the area on the left; if you roll a “right” you will search the area on the right; if you roll a “star” you will search the center area; and if you roll a "dot" you get to choose which area you want to search. Both the Level 1 and Level 2 competitors will search the same areas. The only difference will be that in Level 1 the number of hides will be known to competitors and in Level 2 the number of hides will be unknown to competitors. Winners will be determined by the highest number of points in the fastest time. Each search area will have 10 points possible (i.e. if there are 4 hides in a search area, then each hide found will be worth 2.5 points).
If you are running both the Level 1 and Level 2 searches, you will roll the dice each time it’s your turn to determine which area you will search. If you roll the same search area as your previous roll, however, you will roll again until a new search area comes up. Since there are 3 search areas, competitors with multiple dogs will be able to enter up to 3 dogs (dispersed among either level) and all dogs will be eligible for the cash. Competitors will not get to choose which dog searches a particular area, but must roll the dice to determine search areas for each run. NOTE: Additional dogs are still welcome for the regular $10 fee if competitors do not want to run for the cash.
As always, Game of Bones features:
• 3 levels so that all dogs can enjoy the game.
• Primary Level - this level allows dogs who have no formal scent work training to test their natural ability to find food, just like they would in the wild. Treats will be hidden in boxes and it is your dog's job to find as many treats in the shortest amount of time as possible. No Level 1 or Level 2 dogs are allowed to participate in this search.
• Level 1 - this level is for dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below)
• Level 2 - this level is for dogs working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Winner of the primary division will get bragging rights as well as a small prize.
• Winner of each odor division (Level 1 / Level 2) will earn 50% of the pot and 2nd/3rd place will earn 25% of pot.
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one a competitor gets full time. Eliminating on a hide will also result in full time.
• Level 1 dogs may enter the Level 2 search and be eligible for placements/money.
• Level 2 dogs may enter the Level 1 search FEO only – highest scoring FEO dog will get a prize (not eligible for money).
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run at the end of each level.
COST: Primary Level - $5 per run
Level 1 / Level 2 - $25 per run ($5 goes to pot)
$10 per run for additional dogs entering FEO ("for exhibition only")
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK IS DONATING 25% OF PROCEEDS TO A ROTATING ANIMAL RESCUE GROUP including Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter and Texas Humane Heros.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.