Sat, Nov 21|
Hammerlun Center for Leadership and Lear
Game of Bones - Vehicles & Exteriors
The Hunt is On!
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Hammerlun Center for Leadership and Lear, 507 E University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog.
In November, you will have 1 vehicle search, 1 combo exterior/vehicle search, and 1 exterior search. Number of hides (or range of hides) will be known to Level 1 competitors and unknown to Level 2 competitors.
There will also be a BONUS search where you can earn more of those valuable points needed to be our 4th quarter winner of $50! This month, you will be tested on your ability to work a 2-story brick wall and its attachments. 1 minute to find a single hide. No false alerts allowed. 10 extra points awarded to teams that find the hide!
All searches will be conducted outdoors with plenty of room for social distancing. No more than 15 competitors on-site at one time, so please choose your 1st and 2nd preference of start time at registration.
Quarterly Scent Work League: Every 3 months, the top scoring Level 1 dog and the top scoring Level 2 dog from all 3 events will receive a $50 cash prize. Each event has 100 points (300 points total for the quarter). Points are earned by correctly calling hides in each search area. 1 hide value will be deducted for each false alert by you and each elimination by your dog. The more events you participate in, the better your odds are of being crowned top dog! Scent Work Standings will be posted on the Game of Bones’ Facebook page so you can keep track of the results.
Volunteer Incentives: Our new site is LARGE and we cannot handle everything on our own! We are looking for 1-2 individuals per event to help us with check-in, parking lot duties and staging. As a volunteer, you will be allowed to run your dog for free and still participate in the quarterly scent work league. If there are more than 1-2 volunteers, we will draw names so everyone has a chance to participate. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for a volunteer position.
Game of Bones features:
• 2 levels of competition.
• Level 1 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below).
• Level 2 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No dismissals or disqualifications – Unlimited false alerts and your dog can eliminate in the search area, but it will cost you 1 hide worth of points for each occurrence.
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run FEO.
COST: $30 per dog
$15 per dog for additional dogs entering FEO ("for exhibition only")
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• There is no bathroom access at this site. There are several gas stations on the drive in and a convenience store 1 block away if needed.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at email@example.com.